Tuesday 15 November 2011

Which one are you?

People say you're either a Wuthering Heights fan or a Jane Eyre fan.  Not both.  My husband prefers Wuthering Heights, but for me, it's Jane Eyre all the way.  I can't help wanting to tell Cathy and Heathcliff to 'pull themselves together.'  Harsh I know, but honestly!  Don't get me wrong, I like a good love story as much as anyone, but it's all so overwrought.

Jane Eyre, on the other hand, just gets better and better.  There's always a danger when you study a favourite book, that you'll analyse it to death and it will lose all its appeal. Not so this time; even the litcrit is interesting - the madwoman in the attic and all that.  There's nothing like a touch of Gothic horror for a dark and stormy winter's night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long time, no see

I blame Facebook. And Twitter. And Whatsapp. Not to mention Cooking Fever and Candy Crush, both of which I've installed and deleted from...