Thursday 10 November 2011

Guess what?

Some parents complain that their children ask too many questions.  It's 'why this?' and 'why that?'  No sooner have you answered one, then along comes another.  I know that we're supposed to encourage inquisitive minds, but there is the occasional temptation to say 'because it just is, okay?'

I have a different complaint.  It's about the guessing game my son plays.  'Guess what I did today?' he says.  And  you have to guess. Not once, not twice, but three times.  Not all guessing games are so easy.  'Guess how many runs Bell got today?' he asks.  Not having even cottoned on to the fact that there was a test match, it was always going to be a struggle.

But now and then, we strike lucky.  Like the time some enterprising kids from down the street knocked on the door holding a jar of sweets.

 'Guess how many sweets are in the jar?'

 'One hundred and twenty seven,' my husband replied.

The boys walked back down the path, shaking their heads in disbelief.  Don't they know that teachers have psychic powers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long time, no see

I blame Facebook. And Twitter. And Whatsapp. Not to mention Cooking Fever and Candy Crush, both of which I've installed and deleted from...