Monday 17 October 2011

Don't Knock

Three or four years ago my husband bought a second-hand electric guitar and taught himself to play it.  He persuaded a couple of fellow teachers to form a band with him.  I'd like to say he was driven by a desire to express himself musically, but I suspect it was more to do with wanting to be on stage in a leather jacket and shades.  Their progress to fame and fortune has been hampered somewhat by parents' evenings, rugby matches and having me as their promoter.  Despite these obstacles, they've done five concerts, cut a disc and had their own song played on a local radio station.  Okay, so the DJ's description of them as 'an exciting young punk band' was perhaps stretching a point a little, but I was secretly rather impressed.

As he says himself, his chances of being called up by King Kenny on a Saturday afternoon or playing rugby for England may be rather slim now, but there's still plenty of time to become a rock star.

So that's enough shameless publicity, here's their song: 

2 comments:

  1. I have just listened to this and think it is absolutely marvellous.

    ReplyDelete

Long time, no see

I blame Facebook. And Twitter. And Whatsapp. Not to mention Cooking Fever and Candy Crush, both of which I've installed and deleted from...