Thursday 22 September 2011

Five long days

My students are all present and correct.  My reward is five long days off work. Bliss.

Of course, I don't want you thinking that I'll be putting my feet up.   My literature course books have arrived and I can't wait to get started.  Before that though, I'll have to make myself finish Dracula, one of the set books.  I'm so bored of it now.  Have I read it long ago or seen the film?  It's all so familiar.  I will persevere - only a hundred pages to go after all.  Then I can set to.

There are also pressing family matters to be dealt with.  A trip to Leamington Spa at the weekend for a bridesmaid's dress fitting.  An electric guitar to be collected from Morecambe.  Plans for my son's birthday party next weekend.  Italian course books to be collected from the post office.  Will five days be long enough I wonder?

I have plans for some writing too, or research at least.  I have an idea for a short story set in Lancaster in the late 1700s.  A trip to Lancaster's Maritime Museum should provide the inspiration I need.

I'd better get on with it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long time, no see

I blame Facebook. And Twitter. And Whatsapp. Not to mention Cooking Fever and Candy Crush, both of which I've installed and deleted from...