Tuesday 16 August 2011

Poem in my head

I woke up this morning with a poem in my head. This has pleased me mightily as I haven't had a poetic thought for three or four months now.  Although I'd been mulling over a idea for some blog posts, writing poetry had not crossed my mind so this is a pleasant surprise.

I am not a patient poet.  In fact, I'm not a poet at all.  I cannot apply myself to considerations of rhyme and metre.  Words just come.  I have a good reading voice and to my mind's ear some words just seem right together.  It's lucky I have some honest friends to tell me whether I'm barking up the right poetic tree.

But less of this frivolity,  two work days down and five to go.  Poetry will have to wait.  For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long time, no see

I blame Facebook. And Twitter. And Whatsapp. Not to mention Cooking Fever and Candy Crush, both of which I've installed and deleted from...