Saturday 6 August 2011

Butterfly mind

The school holidays bring a different rhythm to our household.  I'm the only one still at work, the only one who knows what day of the week it is.  My OH and kids can drift from day to day, or make plans for sleepovers and trips to Test Matches.  I am a little jealous of their six weeks of liberty, but the break from school runs and football training gives me some head space too.

Right now I'm desperate for new ideas, dashing from one book to the next.  I've just finished Virginia Woolf's A room of one's own and have moved swiftly on to Hardy's Far from the Madding Crowd, a set book for my next OU course.  In between times, I'm reading The Reluctant Fundamentalist and have a book of short stories Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned by Wells Tower to finish for next month's book group.  I did say I'd have a go at the Booker longlist as well.

Too many books and too little time.  My butterfly mind flits from one to another, delighted with my garden full of flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long time, no see

I blame Facebook. And Twitter. And Whatsapp. Not to mention Cooking Fever and Candy Crush, both of which I've installed and deleted from...